Maith An Farhh
Well bred Farhh colt with an exciting future. Out of New Approach mare Deborah, Dam of 2 winners from 2 runners. Plenty of black type on Dam side. Farhh himself won both the Lockinge and Champion Stakes, both Group One races on last two starts. Excellent prospect for a little later on this season and should make into an exciting three year old.
He had a 4 week break since his breeze and has now joined full training with James Ferguson in Newmarket. James has had recent success with another Farrh colt Like a Tiger who is aiming for some Blacktype later this season. We have acquired this Farhh colt at the Goffs Doncaster breeze up sale. We were very impressed that this colt run a very respectable time, taking into consideration he was running over 2.5F and he is a 8-10F horse, taking on 90% 5F early sprinters. Interestingly his speed data for metres per second for the second furlong was in the top 13% of the whole 200 horses that breezed, when he got going he really covered some ground! We believe we have excellent value for a horse who will only improve with time. This colt offers prospective owners the chance to get involved with a horse who on another day may have gone for a lot more than we were able to acquire him for.
Since we made this purchase, his page under the second dam has improved considerably. Marhaba Ya Sanafi has gone on to win the 2000 French Guineas and placed 3rd in the Jockey Club.
Maith An Farhh has had 3 runs for us so far as a 2 year old. It became clear to us that he needs a few more months for him to show us his true potential. He has been gelded and will now have the opportunity to strength up before targeting a handicap in January. He will be a lovely horse once stepped up in trip in the new year.
- First season sire Waldgeist won four Group 1’s including the Arc De Triomphe, defeating the almighty ENABLE. He also won the Criterium de Saint-Cloud as a two year old, beating another stallion BEST SOLUTION. The other two Group 1s were the Prix de Saint-Cloud and the Prix Ganay, where he beat STUDY OF MAN by 4 and a half lengths, with GHAIYYATH back in the third.
- Waldgeist won £4,299,000 in prize money!
- Waldgeist covered 105 Stakes performers or producers during his first two years at stud.
- Galileo and High Chaparrel are very high up on the page.
- The Dam side of the pedigree produces winners, the dam DONAU, won 3 races in Germany and placed a further 9 times.
- `Donau has produced one winner from one runner.
- This filly is surrounded by Black Type. Her Dad and both sets of her Grandparents all won black type in Group 3s or better!
- 11 stakes winners on the page.
- Her dam sire is High Chaparral, also a winner on £3,446,000 in prize money and winner of multiple Group 1s, including the Racing Post Trophy, The English and Irish Derby, The Breeders Cup Turf TWICE and the Irish Champion Stakes.
- DAPPRIMA, who is the second dam, won the Fruhjahrs Stuten Preis ( listed) and placed 2nd in the German 1000 Guineas ( Group 2) and also 2nd in the Group 3 Prix de Flore.
- She has impressive stats as a dam, producing 11 winners from 13 runners! 4 of them have gone on to win Black Type themselves. 7 of them have a RPR of 89 or above!
Billiegee was picked up for 21,000 Euros at the Goffs Autumn Yearling Sale. We think we have a great pedigree for our money. She was supplemented for this sale and she was sold right at the end of the sale, when most people have already gone home! We are very confident on this stallion and with a pedigree page like this, we are adamant that by the time she makes her debut, she will look like a bargain. We have bought this filly under the guidance of agent Avenue Bloodstock. Mark specialises with this type of filly and he bought DEAUVILLE LEGEND for his client. He is so keen on this filly, that he is taking a share in her.
Mark Mcstay ” The Waldgeist filly ex Donau is extremely athletic and from an exceptional family. I’ve counted 11 individual stakes winners on the catalogue page. The sire was a top class racehorse who has all the credentials to go right to the top. All things considered, I really think she presents a really exciting opportunity to get involved with a high class racing prospect”.
Billiegee has made a very encouraging start to the racecourse. She ran a eye-catching 2nd on debut before winning second time of asking over an extended mile. We gave her one more run as a two year old for education on the turf before sending her away on holiday. She’s due to come back into training on December 1st and with a pedigree like hers, she should be even better for time and a step up in trip.
We are delighted to purchase this stunning daughter of Churchill at Tattersalls Book 3. Working closely alongside trainer James Ferguson and agent Mark Mcstay, we were all taken by this classy and athletic filly. We couldn’t believe our luck when the hammer went down for 29,000gns. A massive page update since the book was published was her 3/4 part sister Blue Rose Cen. Blue Rose Cen won the Group 1 Qatar Prix Marcel Boussac just two weeks ago by 5 LENGTHS! She is now favourite Breeders Cup in just two weeks and also for the Prix Diane next year. If she wins one of these it will add value to our filly!
Churchill, who is the only son of Galileo to win at Royal Ascot as a two-year-old has shot to the top table this year with his crop. 3 year old VADENI, winner of the Group 1 Prix du Jockey Club and the Group 1 Coral Eclipse Stakes. Some other notable black type winners are;
Blue Rose Cen, a 5 length winner of the Group 1 Prix Marcel Boussac.
Ladies Church, Group 2 Sapphire stakes, now rated 111
The Foxes, 2 year old, winner of the Royal Lodge at Newmarket.
Queroyal, winner of the Group 3 German Derby Trial.
Churchill himself was voted champion two-year-old. As a two year old he won the Chesham Stakes, the Tyros Stakes, Futurity Stakes, National Stakes and the Dewhurst Stakes. As a three year old he trained on and won both the English and Irish 2000 Guineas.
Her damsire is the quality Sea the Moon and further back in the pedigree is the one and only Sea The Stars. This filly is so well thought of that James Ferguson and the breeder have retained a share.
She is currently in full training with James Ferguson after having a 6 week break in April/May time. She is on track to make her debut in August/September time.