Waldgeist x Donau
Waldgeist x Donau
- First season sire Waldgeist won four Group 1’s including the Arc De Triomphe, defeating the almighty ENABLE. He also won the Criterium de Saint-Cloud as a two year old, beating another stallion BEST SOLUTION. The other two Group 1s were the Prix de Saint-Cloud and the Prix Ganay, where he beat STUDY OF MAN by 4 and a half lengths, with GHAIYYATH back in the third.
- Waldgeist won £4,299,000 in prize money!
- Waldgeist covered 105 Stakes performers or producers during his first two years at stud.
- Galileo and High Chaparrel are very high up on the page.
- The Dam side of the pedigree produces winners, the dam DONAU, won 3 races in Germany and placed a further 9 times.
- `Donau has produced one winner from one runner.
- This filly is surrounded by Black Type. Her Dad and both sets of her Grandparents all won black type in Group 3s or better!
- 11 stakes winners on the page.
- Her dam sire is High Chaparral, also a winner on £3,446,000 in prize money and winner of multiple Group 1s, including the Racing Post Trophy, The English and Irish Derby, The Breeders Cup Turf TWICE and the Irish Champion Stakes.
- DAPPRIMA, who is the second dam, won the Fruhjahrs Stuten Preis ( listed) and placed 2nd in the German 1000 Guineas ( Group 2) and also 2nd in the Group 3 Prix de Flore.
- She has impressive stats as a dam, producing 11 winners from 13 runners! 4 of them have gone on to win Black Type themselves. 7 of them have a RPR of 89 or above!
Billiegee was picked up for 21,000 Euros at the Goffs Autumn Yearling Sale. We think we have a great pedigree for our money. She was supplemented for this sale and she was sold right at the end of the sale, when most people have already gone home! We are very confident on this stallion and with a pedigree page like this, we are adamant that by the time she makes her debut, she will look like a bargain. We have bought this filly under the guidance of agent Avenue Bloodstock. Mark specialises with this type of filly and he bought DEAUVILLE LEGEND for his client. He is so keen on this filly, that he is taking a share in her.
Mark Mcstay ” The Waldgeist filly ex Donau is extremely athletic and from an exceptional family. I’ve counted 11 individual stakes winners on the catalogue page. The sire was a top class racehorse who has all the credentials to go right to the top. All things considered, I really think she presents a really exciting opportunity to get involved with a high class racing prospect”.
Billiegee has made a very encouraging start to the racecourse. She ran a eye-catching 2nd on debut before winning second time of asking over an extended mile. We gave her one more run as a two year old for education on the turf before sending her away on holiday. She’s due to come back into training on December 1st and with a pedigree like hers, she should be even better for time and a step up in trip.
Payment options available